Wednesday, October 12, 2011

General Conference

I've fallen behind.  But for good reasons.  Sorry.

The week before General Conference our focus was on preparing for General Conference.   For Family Home Evening we read from the 2011 October General Conference Packet from Scriptures 4 Kids


In the packet it tells how Christ taught when he was alive using an example of how he taught Peter. Then Peter went on to teach the people, followed by other prophets, such as King Benjaman in the Book of Mormon. I'd cut out and prepared the visuals in the packet and we discussed. I didn't have a chance to take a picture before said visuals were scattered and destroyed. Anyhow, the kids had fun standing the figures up, helping Jesus & Peter walk on "water," and assembling a little tent for the little figures to "listen" from.  After the lesson, our activity was to cut and glue this:
It's an old fashioned TV with a picture of the prophet speaking at Conference.  I can't remember where I got it from. 


During General Conference the kids attempted to color a few of the General Authority's ties:

They also played with this file folder game from greenjellowithcarrots:
I Love Conference File Folder Game

Jaron also loved this coloring sheet from the same site:
CTR Line Activity

I had to print it out twice so he could color it again.

I also printed out a bunch of coloring pages from the Friend.  I learned that there is a great site (http://ldscoloringpages.net/) out there with the pages indexed so you can look for certain themes.  Yay!

Speaking of themes... this blog will be changing now.  I've pulled both my boys out of school and we've begun homeschooling.  I still want to do weekly themes, but it just doesn't look feesable right now.  We're 3 days into this and I'm just using different ways of teaching them to see how they learn best.  Once I've got that figured out and we've got a good rhythm going, I'll try to get our themes going.  I will try to continue updating this blog, but it will be more of a homeschool focus... including our Family Home Evening lessons.  This is more for myself and keeping records, but I don't mind sharing it with anyone who wants to follow.  Have a super duper day!


0 comments: