Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School Week

We began our week with "back to school" pancakes.
Photobucket
The idea came from here.

This was the boys' last week of summer so I thought it would be good to prepare them a little for school this week. Our Family Home Evening lesson was great. I got the lesson idea from here:


I also found some great printables from here that we used in our lesson as well... like this:


Our snack was super yummy!
Photobucket


One day I read them The Story of Johnny Appleseed found here:
http://www.applejuice.org/johnnyappleseed.html

Afterwards, we drew pictures of Johnny Appleseed.  The boys really enjoyed it.
Photobucket
(This was actually the first time I've seen JJ draw a stick person.  I was impressed.)

Photobucket

Throughout the week, the boys enjoyed new file folder games.
Photobucket
Found here.
Photobucket

And a few sorting/sizing games.
Photobucket
found here.

And here.
PreKinders


And even a matching game found here.

We attended JJ's preschool orientation and tour one day. A few days later we attended Kindergarden orientation for SS. That night we made jigglers, cut out the letters of their names with cookie cutters, and enjoyed eating them.

On Friday we drove SS's bus route while singing, "The Wheels on the Bus."

They are excited to begin school tomorrow!!

We also did some simple coloring pages found at http://www.abcteach.com.


We also read these books:

1 comments:

Tonii said...

Okay...I am loving your blog!! I just found you this morning and I can't wait to use some of your great ideas :) I love finding others that share the same passions that I do, and teaching my kids tops my list, I think it does for you too! ;) I am your newest follower!!
Tonii
www.ptskjohnson.blogspot.com